Showing Up For Kids in Curry County
We would love to invite you to join us for a virtual “Explore Fostering Coffee House” for Curry and Coos County to hear first-hand experiences from local foster parents. Whether you’re curious about foster parenting down the road or in the process of becoming certified, this gathering is specifically designed for you! This is an excellent venue to invite your parents, friends or those that may support you as you discern and begin to engage in foster care. You’ll have some great takeaways from this evening and those who have attended in the past have commented it’s well worth the investment of time.
Registration for this event will close 24 hours prior to the scheduled event. Once registration is complete, participants will receive an email invitation with a Zoom link to this virtual event. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
What is the purpose of Foster Parents’ Night Out (FPNO)? Respite. Retention. Relationship. FPNO provides a break for foster (resource) parents one evening a month so they can enjoy some time to care for themselves while trained volunteers care for their children. And, while providing support for foster (resource) parents, these monthly events give children the opportunity to build healthy relationships with other adults who care for them in a safe, nurturing environment.
What will children be doing at FPNO?
• Delicious snacks and dinner. The menus are always kid friendly.
• Games for active play. This can include basketball or other gym activities like obstacle courses or relay games.
• Games for quiet play. This can include Legos, Play Doh, board games, card games, puzzles and bingo.
• Arts and crafts. Kids create a variety of fun and simple projects to take home.
• Special events. This can include things like a music concert, karaoke contest, talent show or special guest
• Reading books. Bring a favorite storybook for a volunteer to read to your child.
• Relationship building. Elementary and older children receive lots of attention and have the opportunity to build healthy relationships with other children and adults
• Nursery aged children enjoy a safe play space with lots of one-on-one attention. Babies are held and cuddled.
Contact your ODHS certifier for more information and a referral to the next FPNO in Brookings.